Thieves muzzle a 74-year old American woman in Todos Santos Home Invasion| Mar 14, 2017
| BCS Noticias
The incident occurred when at around 4:10 am this day, a notice in which it was reported that in a house in the streets gave Shrimp and Snapper, colony Las Brisas and in Todos Santos, requested assistance by of the elements of the security unit, after an American woman reported a robbery.
Given this, the troops moved immediately to the place; upon arrival, they met with Mrs. Maryann Douglas, 74 – year-old, who reported that moments before, 2 male persons had entered her home, tying her hands and feet.
Foreigner, told the police that the assailants had taken their vehicle brand Jeep line Liberty 2005 brown, plus $ 250, 2,000 pesos in cash, two gold necklaces, two passports, a book stay in Mexico, a Apple brand music player, a portable computer, Apple iphone phone brand, a type brand Samsung plasma screen TV, and a DVD player, a pair of diamond earrings and several bottles of alcoholic drinks.
After the woman surrendered her statement, she was taken aboard a paramedic to a local hospital unit, as had symptoms of nervous breakdown.
As reported by the agency, the elements he reported the facts to the Public Prosecutor of the Delegation of Todos Santos, who instructs them to fill the minutes and transfer to these facilities.”
….Continue reading @ BCS Noticias
…..This article was translated from the original Spanish by Google Translate. And even though the translation is rather poor, one gets the gist of it. Baja California and Los Cabos have changed unfortunately in a profound and dangerous way. It’s very sad.
Strange that this story and the stories over the weekend were not covered by the mainstream media. /CJ
Tourists take cover in Los Cabos violence
| Mexico News Daily
“A police pursuit and gunfire in the hotel zone of San José del Cabo early Sunday morning generated panic among tourists and hotel workers, although such incidents are more frequent in the state of Baja California Sur than they used to be.
An unofficial report said police became suspicious of two men travelling in a sport-utility vehicle on the San José-Cabo San Lucas highway. But when they were ordered to stop they fled instead.
Police pursued them into the hotel zone, where one abandoned the vehicle and ran for the nearby hotel Hyatt Ziva. Gunfire drove frightened onlookers in the hotel lobby to dive for cover but the fugitive was soon apprehended.
His accomplice was also caught.
Drugs and an assault rifle were found in their vehicle.
It was the first time that a clash between police and armed gangsters has occurred in one of the area’s hotels, the newspaper BCS Noticias reported.
The incident was yet another in a wave of violence that has engulfed much of the state, where gunfire in the streets, narco-messages left with bodies, drug seizures and the characteristics of the murders are indications that there’s a war on for control of retail drug sales.
Six bodies were found near San José and Cabo San Lucas last Thursday and Friday, all were victims of assassination and some showed signs of torture.
In the municipality of Los Cabos alone there were 51 gangland murders in January, up from seven in 2016. February’s figure was down slightly at 41, but up from just four the previous year.
According to one local media report, 38% of the state’s security personnel failed their trust and evaluation tests, the second-worst performance level in the whole country.
State officials said in December that 40 municipal police in Los Cabos who had failed the tests had been dismissed, a move that prompted local officials to fill the vacuum with 190 officers of the National Gendarmerie, whose deployment is being supported financially by local businesses.
But the municipality lost yet more local police last Thursday when at last 30 handed in their resignations, disillusioned by authorities who they claim have left the force dismantled, without vehicles, weapons and uniforms and defenseless against organized crime, according to a report by Octavio Día.
However, the resignations have not been accepted because the force hasn’t enough officers to carry out security operations that have been drawn up for San José’s annual festival, which starts tomorrow.
That event drew some harsh criticism last week from a municipal councillor who questioned the hiring of a Sinaloa band whose songs, called narcocorridos, pay tribute to drug cartel leaders and their acts of violence.”
…..Continue reading @ Mexico News Daily
‘He had no right to be here’: Family faces undocumented immigrant charged in woman’s death
| LA Daily News
Estuardo Alvarado, 45, who was deported from the U.S. five times, is accused of killing Sandra Duran, 45, of Arleta, while fleeing the scene of another accident and slamming into Duran’s car.
“The fiancé of a woman allegedly killed by an undocumented immigrant lashed out at the system Tuesday after the suspect appeared in court for a preliminary hearing.
Rodrigo Macias was among about 30 of Duran’s family members and friends who attended the brief hearing in Los Angeles Superior Court in San Fernando.
“I was looking at the illegal alien who killed my fiancée… I’m very angry that this could happen in a sanctuary city,” Macias said referring to Los Angeles, which is among 400 jurisdictions across the country that have sanctuary policies protective of immigrants in the U.S. “If this were not a sanctuary city this would not have happened.”
As Macias spoke, Duran’s family members comforted each other.
“My kids don’t have anyone to visit anymore,” he said of his late fiancée’s two sons. “He had no right to be here at all.”
Los Angeles has never officially declared itself a sanctuary city, but as the administration of President Donald Trump continues to crack down on undocumented immigrants, L.A.’s leaders, including Mayor Eric Garcetti and LAPD Chief Charlie Beck have continued to say the city has no plans to get involved in any deportation efforts by the federal government. They also say the city will continue a long-standing policy against allowing officers to stop people solely to determine their immigration status.
Alvarado is due back in court for another preliminary hearing on April 18.”
…..Continue reading @ LA DailyNews