Category Archives: Central California

Youtube under fire by disgruntled Iranian activist | Apr 04 2018

YouTube Shooter ID’d as Iranian Azeri Vegan Activist Nasim Aghdam

|| Breitbart

“The shooter who took her own life after wounding four YouTube employees at the video hosting website’s San Bruno, California, offices on Tuesday has been identified as Nasim Aghdam in multiple reports, after being described as a “white woman in a headscarf” earlier in the day.

ABC News quotes law enforcement sources with the identification:

JUST IN: Two law enforcement sources say authorities have preliminarily identified the YouTube shooter as Nasim Aghdam, a woman with previous addresses in the Southern California cities of Riverside and San Diego. https://t.co/vmWDgKsXJc

— ABC News (@ABC) April 4, 2018

Aghdam, said to reside in Southern California, had a long history of animal rights activism, and was quoted by the Los Angeles Times at a protest of the U.S. Marine Corps’ use of pigs to demonstrate battlefield wounds in 2009. She ran a series of very similar websites espousing vegan views.

In one video post on video hosting service Dailymotion, she claims to be from Iran in an introduction to a mock appearance on America’s Got Talent.

“There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site, your channel will grow if they want to!!!!!” she declared on one of her websites, among one of many statements criticizing the company across her other websites and extensive social media presence, sometimes using the name Nasime Sabz Yeşil Nasim.

In a February Facebook post, for instance, she decried YouTube’s “hidden policy” of “discrimination” and “suppression of truth.”

.. ..

Her websites contain statements like, “Youtube filtered my channels to keep them from getting views!” and images complaining about her revenue from her YouTube videos, implying YouTube had been diminishing her earnings:

Aghdam also appears to have maintained at least two Instagram accounts, frequently captioning her posts in her — presumably native — Persian language. She makes frequent reference to Iran and the Azeri ethnic group that resides primarily in Iran and neighboring Azerbaijan.”

…Continue reading more @ Breitbart.com

 

An hour of terror: ‘Active shooter at YouTube HQ’

The chaos and fear that have shaken America gripped one of Silicon Valley’s iconic companies

|| San Jose Mercury News

Police officers congregate in a parking lot near YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, Calif. on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, after a shooting took place. (Randy Vazquez/Bay Area News Group)

“SAN BRUNO — YouTube, where millions turn to watch news of the world unfold, became the subject of its own trending video feed Tuesday after its headquarters turned into a shooting ground for a woman who critically wounded an employee and injured two others in a courtyard before killing herself.

The shooter — a YouTuber who had recently ranted at the company for filtering her videos — called out “come at me or come and get me!” said senior software engineer Zach Vorhies, one of hundreds of employees who fled the building after witnesses described the sound of more than a dozen gunshots echoing through the building. Vorhies froze for a moment, he said, as he passed a man lying on his back with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to his torso.

And for the next hour, the chaos and terror of two words that have shaken America gripped one of Silicon Valley’s iconic companies: “Active shooter at YouTube HQ,” one employee tweeted. Immediately, panic spread throughout the tech campus and across social media, as YouTube employees barricaded themselves in offices and conferences rooms while others fled in a stampede that one employee described as sounding like the rumble of an earthquake.

“Heard shots and saw people running while at my desk,” employee Vadim Lavrusik tweeted at 12:57 p.m. “Now barricaded inside a room with coworkers.”

“I looked down and saw blood drips on the floor and stairs,” project manager Todd Sherman tweeted at 1:10 p.m. “Peeked around for threats and then we headed downstairs and out the front.”

On Tuesday night, a law enforcement source identified the shooter as Nasim Aghdam of the Southern California town of Menifee.

A law-enforcement source told the Bay Area News Group late Tuesday afternoon that the shooting may have been fueled by a domestic dispute and that the suspect was targeting a boyfriend, not others who were injured. But in an interview Tuesday night, her father Ismail Aghdam told this news organization his daughter was a vegan activist who was angry with YouTube because the company stopped paying for her content.

The source said the woman had no criminal history in San Mateo County. It’s not yet clear how she was able to pass through stringent lobby security.

In front of a phalanx of news media, San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini described how three officers were met with a multitude of fleeing employees at the Cherry Avenue campus when they arrived within two minutes of the 12:46 p.m. emergency call.

“We have one subject who is deceased inside the building with a self-inflicted wound at this time, (who) we believe to be the shooter,” Barberini said within hours of the shooting.

The woman used a handgun, the chief said, but he would not confirm a motive.

He praised YouTube employees, some of whom stopped to care for a shooting victim at the front of the building while officers raced past to find to search for the shooter just before 1 p.m.”

….Continue reading more @ Mercury News

Kevin De Leon Appoints Illegal Alien to California State Commission | Mar 15 2018

Mexican lawyer appointed to California government job may be first illegal immigrant in US history to hold state post

|| Washington Examiner

“California may be the first state in the country to appoint a person illegally in the U.S. to a position in state government following the Senate Rules Committee’s decision to approve Lizbeth Mateo, a Mexican-born woman, for a statewide post.

Mateo, a 33-year-old attorney, was appointed Wednesday to the California Student Opportunity and Access Program and will advise the Student Aid Commission.

California Senate Pro Tempore Kevin de Leon’s office confirmed to the Washington Examiner on Thursday Mateo is the first illegal immigrant to be given a state-appointed job and said it was not aware of any other state to have done so.

Multiple officials at immigration organizations also told the Examinerthey were unaware of any other states that had made similar appointments, making the Wednesday vote a historic one.

Mateo came to the U.S. with her parents when she was 14 years old. In California, where illegal immigrants gained the legal right to practice law in 2014, she attended Santa Clara University School of Law and passed the California state bar exam last year.

“While undocumented students have become more visible in our state, they remain underrepresented in places where decisions that affect them are being made,” Mateo said in a statement.

In her new role, Mateo will help low-income and under-served communities learn more about how to apply for college.

It’s not clear if Mateo is a recipient of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which would give her legal protections from deportation and work authorization.”

…Continue reading more @ Washington Examiner

 

Note: The California State Constitution would appear to make such an appointment unconstitutional:

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS [SECTION 1 – SEC. 32]

  ( Article 1 adopted 1879. )

SEC. 31.  

(a) The State shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting.”

What is the basis for her appointment? The fact that she is a foreign national, illegally in the country. How is that not a preference based on national origin?

 

Sessions Goes After California’s ‘Sanctuary State’ Policies | Mar 07 2018

Justice Department sues California over sanctuary laws

||  SF Chronicle

“After struggling in court for the last year to strip federal funds from California and sanctuary cities like San Francisco for refusing to aid federal immigration agents, the Trump administration filed suit Tuesday accusing the state of unconstitutionally interfering with immigration enforcement.

Three state laws enacted in 2017 “reflect a deliberate effort by California to obstruct the United States’ enforcement of federal immigration laws,” the Justice Department said in a lawsuit in federal court in Sacramento. The suit seeks to overturn all three laws.

In remarks prepared for delivery Wednesday to a law enforcement gathering in Sacramento, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Trump administration would “fight these unjust, unfair and unconstitutional policies that have been imposed on you.”

So far, though, his arguments have made little headway in federal court, where judges in San Francisco and elsewhere have rejected efforts to strip federal funds from sanctuary jurisdictions that refuse to comply with Justice Department edicts.

The suits by California, San Francisco and other sanctuary jurisdictions challenge conditions the department has sought to attach to federal funding, while the Justice Department’s suit directly challenges the California laws. But the central issue in all of them appears to be whether sanctuary laws are a proper exercise of state and local government’s authority over law enforcement or an unconstitutional intrusion by those governments into federal immigration law.

Sessions’ suit, though filed in a different court, could be consolidated with the California suit and transferred to San Francisco if the judge in that case decides the issues are the same.

Gov. Jerry Brown, a defendant in the new lawsuit, said in a statement, “At a time of unprecedented political turmoil, Jeff Sessions has come to California to further divide and polarize America. Jeff, these political stunts may be the norm in Washington, but they won’t work here.”

State Attorney General Xavier Becerra, also a defendant in the suit, responded with his own overture to law enforcement. “We’ll continue to stand up for our police and sheriffs whose funding has been threatened by the Trump administration” in the federal grants, he told reporters.

Besides targeting sanctuary laws, Sessions and others in the administration have denounced local officials like Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, who publicly warned the immigrant community Feb. 24 of an impending Bay Area raid by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Acting ICE director Thomas Homan, who previously threatened pro-sanctuary politicians with criminal prosecution, compared Schaaf to “a gang lookout.” President Trump’s press secretary said the Justice Department was looking into Schaaf’s actions.”

…..Continue reading more @ SF Chronicle

Sessions Punches Back: DOJ to Sue California to Strike Down ‘Sanctuary’ Laws as Unconstitutional

|| Breitbart

“Attorney General Jeff Sessions will speak Wednesday about his Department of Justice’s (DOJ) first-of-its-kind lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of three of California’s “sanctuary” laws, Breitbart News has learned.

Relying on both federal statutes and the U.S. Constitution’s Supremacy Clause, DOJ will ask the U.S. District Court for the District of Eastern California to issue a preliminary injunction blocking the enforcement of these laws intended to protect illegal aliens by preventing cooperation with federal immigration enforcement. DOJ will also seek declaratory judgement that these laws are unconstitutional – “preempted” by federal immigration law – when it files late Tuesday night.

“The Department of Justice and the Trump administration are going to fight these unjust, unfair, and unconstitutional policies that have been imposed on you,” Attorney General Sessions is expected to tell a gathering of California police officers Wednesday in Sacramento. “We are fighting to make your jobs safer and to help you reduce crime in America. And I believe that we are going to win.”

…Continue reading more @ Breitbart

New California – A New Solution for Old California’s Woes? | Jan 17 2018

New California declares “independence” from rest of state

|| CBSNews

“The state of New California would incorporate most of the state’s rural counties, leaving the urban coastal counties to the current state of California.

“There’s something wrong when you have a rural county such as this one, and you go down to Orange County which is mostly urban, and it has the same set of problems, and it happens because of how the state is being governed and taxed,” Preston said.

But unlike other separation movements in the past, the state of New California wants to do things by the book, citing Article 4, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution and working with the state legislature to get it done, similar to the way West Virginia was formed.

“Yes. We have to demonstrate that we can govern ourselves before we are allowed to govern,” said founder Tom Reed.

And despite obstacles, doubters, and obvious long odds, the group stands united in their statehood dream.

The group is organized with committees and a council of county representatives, but say it will take 10 to 18 months before they are ready to fully engage with the state legislature.

This is not the first effort to split up California. In 2014, Silicon Valley venture capitalist Tim Draper submitted signatures to put a measure that would split California in six separate states.”

….Continue reading more @ CBSNews

Silicon Valley Shutting Down Free Speech on Twitter with Shadow Bans? | Jan 13 2018

How Many of Twitter’s 1,110 Foreign Visa Holders Are Actively Working to Shut Down Conservative Speech in America?

|| TGP

“On Thursday investigative journalist James O’Keefe and Project Veritas released a shocking report on how Twitter Corporation shadow bans conservative voices on the social media platform.

Of course, the liberal US media ignored the shocking report by Project Veritas.

What is more disturbing is that Twitter filed 869 labor condition applications for H1B visa and 241 labor certifications for green card from fiscal year 2014 to 2016.

In total Twitter applied filed applications for 1,110 foreign workers.
Twitter reportedly has 3,900 employees.

The video has over 138,000 views in about 8 hours.

On Thursday night James O’Keefe challenged the liberal media to cover the story.

The liberal mainstream media ignored the story today as they regularly do when the story does not fit their left-wing narrative.

Of course, the liberal US media ignored the shocking report by Project Veritas.

Watch this Project Veritas clip of Twitter engineer, Pranay Singh show his disgust for the American flag, guns and God. He also calls Trump supporters “rednecks”. He is bragging about censoring and shadowbanning people on Twitter. Let that sink in.

Singh also claims all Trump supporters on Twitter are Russians.

TGP’s Cristina Laila points out the obvious:

…Continue reading more @ TGP

 

The Aftermath of the Kate Steinle Trial Acquittal of Illegal Alien Murderer | Dec 03 2017

‘#BoycottSanFrancisco’ Goes Viral as SF Defends Sanctuary Policies

|| Breitbart

“#BoycottSanFrancisco is going viral as San Francisco defends its sanctuary policies in the wake of the not-guilty verdict in the Kate Steinle murder trial.

On November 30, Breitbart News reported that a California jury found seven-time felon and five-time deported illegal alien Jose Garcia Zarate not guilty of murdering 32-year-old Kate Steinle in 2015 in the sanctuary city of San Francisco.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, local leaders denounced Trump’s position. State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) said, “People have every right to be critical of the verdict and speak out about that…[but] the president is using this to fan the flames of hatred against immigrants, to demonize immigrants.”

Former State Sen. Mark Leno (D) also criticized Trump, claiming he has “no shame.”

Mayor Ed Lee’s (D) spokeswoman said, “San Francisco is and always will be a sanctuary city.”

Twitter users throughout the nation and the world reacted to the defense of sanctuary policies by taking #BoycottSanFrancisco viral.”

….Continue reading more @ Breitbart

 

‘0 Minutes’: MSNBC Ignores Kate Steinle Trial Verdict

|| Fox News Insider

“While most networks offered mixed coverage to the trial of an illegal immigrant accused of killing Kate Steinle, one network ignored the case’s verdict altogether, Pete Hegseth reported.

Hegseth said MSNBC did not cover the verdict of Jose Ines Garcia Zarate at all.

Zarate was found guilty on a weapons charge, but acquitted of more serious manslaughter and murder charges.

“They ignored it all together because to them it wasn’t news,” The Federalist’s Bre Payton said.

Payton said Zarate didn’t deny shooting Steinle, but the fact that the 45-year-old is a five-time deported illegal immigrant felon didn’t fit the network’s narrative.

Hegseth said CNN moderately covered the verdict, but dropped coverage in favor of reporting that Gen. Michael Flynn [Ret.] pleaded guilty to lying to federal authorities when that story broke.”

….Continue reading more @ Insider

 

 

PIER 14 SHOOTING

‘I was horrified’ Pleasanton residents outraged at Kate Steinle verdict

|| ABC7News.com

“SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) —

Reaction came down quickly from residents in Kate Steinle’s hometown of Pleasanton Thursday night after a not guilty verdict was read out by the jury.

“I thought it was ridiculous. I honestly thought it was ridiculous,” said Pleasanton resident Victoria.

The shocking verdict in the murder trial has many in Pleasanton fuming.

“I was horrified it would be a not guilty,” said another resident Diana Armario. “To me and everybody I know it was just an obvious guilty verdict.”

Steinle grew up in the East Bay town about 40 miles outside San Francisco and graduated from Amador Valley High School.

She was living in San Francisco when she decided to take that fateful walk onto Pier 14 with her father.

Many Pleasanton residents have been invested in the case and were stunned by the jury’s decision. They say justice has not been served.

“It’s just shocking that someone would get away with shooting a gun and murdering somebody and get away with it really,” said

“If I’m somebody who is walking with my daughter in San Francisco and the next thing, she ends up dead — somebody has to pay the price,” said Pleasanton resident Tony Budema.

Some blasted San Francisco for being a sanctuary city. And Steinle’s accused killer, who was deported five times, should have never been allowed to be there.

“You know one of the things about San Francisco being a sanctuary city is something that I personally don’t agree with and I think this is a perfect example of it,” added Liz Venema.

Steinle’s family still lives in Pleasanton. They were not in court when the verdict was read but told the San Francisco Chronicle they were “shocked and saddened.”

…..Continue reading more @ abc7news.com