Congress Rolls Out Massive Government Funding Bill, Tax Break Extensions In The Dead Of Night
– Daily Caller
– New Congressional Leadership is neither open nor transparent. Backroom deals instead of open debate. Anything ‘comprehensive’ coming of Washington DC only spells trouble these days.
All across the USA people feel we’re in crisis while Wash DC spends and borrows like a drunken sailor, all behind closed doors. Our govt, our security and our future are all for sale in the DC global bizarre bazaar.
One small bright spot the article by Juliegrace Brufke @ Daily Caller, is the fact that the govt is funded until September 2016, without the inclusion of additional controversial issues. Future spending decisions will should be a major issue in the presidential and congressional races. If we want the status quo to continue, voting for the incumbent establishment will assure it.
“Late Tuesday evening, House Speaker Paul Ryan announced negotiators had come to an agreement on the “omnibus” government funding bill and tax breaks extension package.
Just before midnight, legislation was posted that would make 22 tax breaks permanent and extend dozens of other tax incentives.”
Read more here @ Daily Caller
Boston Globe: If People On No-Fly List Are So Dangerous, Why Aren’t They Under Arrest?
– Breitbart / Boston Globe
“On December 8, the Boston Globe asked why the individuals on the no-fly list are anything other than under arrest if they pose such a danger to public safety?
According to the Globe, the most troublesome aspect about the no-fly list is the fact that the people believed to be so dangerous are actually being allowed to remain free to move about in society on a daily basis. If these people were simply arrested–or deported, when applicable–it would both increase the safety of Americans and remove the need for more laws/regulations to keep no-fly listees in check.”
Read the rest here @ Breitbart
Gov. Brown Says Only ‘The Coercive Power Of Government’ Can Stop Global Warming –
– DailyCaller – Dec 08
– Unbelievable, so for Gov Moonbeam are the Bill of Rights in play? So let’s unpack the notion of governmental coercive power where the only official definition of Fascism comes from Benito Mussolini, the founder of fascism, in which he outlines three principles of a fascist philosophy:
1. “Everything in the state”. The Government is supreme and the country is all-encompasing, and all within it must conform to the ruling body, often a dictator.
2. “Nothing outside the state”. The country must grow and the implied goal of any fascist nation is to rule the world, and have every human submit to the government.
3. “Nothing against the state”. Any type of questioning the government is not to be tolerated. If you do not see things our way, you are wrong. If you do not agree with the government, you cannot be allowed to live and taint the minds of the rest of the good citizens.
link here: Urbandictionary – Fascism
“Tom you used the phrase ‘policy — good policy,’ but I want to unpack that term a little bit,” Brown said Monday. “Inside the policy, you need a law, you need a rule, you need the coercive power of government to say ‘do this.’”
“Now you have to be wise and don’t say something stupid or try to order something stupid, but the fact is the regulations supported by the laws drive innovation,” Brown said.
Read the whole story by Michael Bastasch @ DailyCaller
– Jerry Brown is not wise, constantly says something stupid, and issues stupid orders. One can only imagine how he would have developed the Internet with all his laws and regulations ‘driving’ it.
– If Jerry Brown wants to apply some coercive govt power, why doesn’t he get the uranium out of the Central Valley water tables? It’s poisoning kids there. Read more here @ SFGate
– Poor deluded Brown who has never been in business. The internet while encouraged in its development had never felt the ‘coercive power of government.’ Nobody was ever told to ‘do’ something by the federal or state government. Which is why it developed as it did only to flourish later. People like Brown never understood it enough to issue commands on what to do. Thank goodnesss.
Brown has never invented anything, has never developed anything productive in his life, never created a singular massive achievement. Therefore he could never understand how California’s singular greatest achievement, the Internet, could be created without his coercive powers.
He knows the coercive power of govt in regulations and taxes. But for great work that is not enough.
It takes new ideas and hard work. Jerry has neither.
How the Web Was Won
– Vanity Fair
Read this great story from Vanity Fair by Keenan Mayo and Peter Newcomb here: Who Won the Web
Here’s an excerpt:
“Leonard Kleinrock, a professor of computer science at U.C.L.A., was instrumental in creating the earliest computer networks, in the 1960s. J. C. R. Licklider, one of the fathers of computer science and information technology, was the first director of arpa’s computer-science division.
Leonard Kleinrock: Licklider was a strong, driving visionary, and he set the stage. He foresaw two aspects of what we now have. His early work—he was a psychologist by training—was in what he called man-computer symbiosis. When you put a computer in the hands of a human, the interaction between them becomes much greater than the individual parts. And he also foresaw a great change in the way activity would take place: education, creativity, commerce, just general information access. He foresaw a connected world of information.
The culture was one of: You find a good scientist. Fund him. Leave him alone. Don’t over-manage. Don’t tell him how to do something. You may tell him what you’re interested in: I want artificial intelligence. I want a network. I want time-sharing. Don’t tell him how to do it.”
FULL | Stacey Dash: Obama Doesn’t ‘Give a Sh*t’ About Terrorism | VIDEO
– Youtube / Foxnews – Dec 07
– Stacey kicks in after Kennedy’s strange but interesting remark at 5:00 mark.
Stacey make a serious plea for presidential gravitas at this moment in time. Stunning and passionate.
Stacey has since been suspended from Fox News apparently as a result of the remark.
Youtube link: Here
Here’s How Trump Could Legally Justify A Temporary Muslim Ban
“Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s proposal to temporarily bar alien Muslims from entering the country is legal under the Immigration and Nationality Act, which gives the president authority to suspend the entry of any and all aliens deemed “detrimental” to U.S. interests.
His plan sparked an immediate bipartisan backlash from critics. Republican presidential candidate Lindsey Graham called Trump a “xenophobic, religious bigot,” and House Speaker Paul Ryan called it un-American. Several news outlets characterize the plan as unprecedented, unconstitutional and probably illegal.
The proposal may violate international agreements, but its hard to see how it could be unconstitutional, since it refers to non-U.S. citizens.”
See the whole article here @ DailyCaller
From the United States Code, Title 8:
“(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”
USC Title 8, here: @ Cornell EDU
The Trump Speech Tonight in North Carolina
– Youtube / MSNBC / Diamond & Silk
Two Takes on the Same Event in North Carolina Tonight – One completely dishonest
First Rachel Maddow takes tremendous humor over this Donald Trump rally tonight in NC. Her headline read:
“Donald Trump ends speech after 10 protest interruptions”
– I had the impression from Maddow that the protests ended the speech as a result, in fact she stated it categorically.
See her take here:
– Well, that’s not what really happened. The speech went on for almost an hour with questions.
See the full speech below and decide for yourself. Meanwhile………
‘Stump For Trump’ Women Take the Stage During Donald Trump Raleigh Speech, North Carolina – Dec 4
– Diamond & Silk tear it up.
See the full speech, which ran for almost an hour with a Q&A at the end, here @ Youtube – Full Trump Speech in NC
– My question is how is suppressing free speech in the middle of a US Presidential campaign a good thing?
I write in response to see many, almost all posts regarding Maddow’s ‘news’ on the Democratic Underground Forum, calling for more disruptions of Trump’s rallies, as if this is progress,
Whether on our college campuses or political rallies, suppression of thought and speech is a very menacing and troubling development, more suited to dictatorships than democracies.
The rally concluding sucessfully was the best response to rude and intolerable behavior. If you don’t wish to hear the candidate, don’t go to the rally, but don’t deprive other citizens of the right to hear the speech.
Not sure there is any inducement that could get me to attend a Hillary rally, but I would never attend and try to disrupt it or prevent others from hearing her speak.
That is her right, and when we infringe on that, it infringes on all of us.
That behavior is incompatible with a free society.
The contrast between how Maddow framed and ‘resolved’ the coverage of the rally in NC for her viewers and Diamond & Silks’ appearance at the rally, could not show the bias of Establishment Media more clearly. But it is Maddow’s dishonesty that is truly breath taking.
How the media covers events and turns them into peoples’ truth and reality can be as smooth and comforting as advertising, which is what it has become.
We still have a right to expect truth from the press, even if we so rarely get it these days.